Saturday, September 28, 2013

Factory Commendatory

Before I could say highly recommend, the Factory classic button-down shirt in jeweled oxford sold out oh well and the Factory skinny cord in polka dot is just about gone. The polka dot cords are part of the Fall Essentials Sale of 40% off selected items good through Sunday, Sept. 29. If you use the SEPTSAVE code (10% off $75+, 20% off $125+, 30% off $200+) at checkout, there are some gems of a good deal.
Close-up of the "jewels" on the button-down.
The thin wale corduroy jeans are skinny. No need to size down.
In fact, I'm afraid of what might happen when I wash and dry them. Wearing size 25 here and thinking I should grab the size 26.
The material is 99% cotton, 1% spandex.
They don't get baggy saggy during the day ... yay!
But you cannot get undressed in a hurry, I had a tough time getting the leg opening over each foot pulling them off. 
Did I say they are skinny?
They're what I'd consider a comfortable, favorite fit and could very well become my go-to jeans. I don't have to worry whether it's one of my skinny days. I know they won't ride up or droop down.
They won't cut and bind (you're supposed to hear Brett and Dale Jr. say this).
And they're not distressed to look too casual.
I even feel tall (ha) when I wear them.
They're rough and tumble, earthy, sturdy and substantial.
I won't even care if I spill on them or sit on a dusty park bench.
Heck yeah, I love, love, love them. Especially for $33.25.
The Factory skinny jean in black can also be had for the same price. They have the same fit, and just like the classic rinse, they're
98% cotton, 2% spandex, but feel just a tad thinner.
With black stitching instead of the usual contrasting thread used for
blue denim jeans, they don't read as obvious jeans.
I think they're quite versatile and make great traveling pants.
The above were on the travel days for my recent business trip.
(The giant sequined heart is to cheer up the grumpiness that can be the airport crowd.)
(Better pics of the black skinny jeans since they're not off a hotel mirror.)
The shirt is the Factory two-pocket chambray shirt that has been around for at least a couple years, now better for me because it comes in XXS. Though it's not the fine, silky chambray of the selvedge chambray shirt, the rough and tumble, earthy, sturdy and substantial shirt has earned some love in blogland. What some said.

I've reviewed a few more Factory shirts that are part of this double whammy SEPTSAVE on top of Fall Essentials Sale. Just click on the Chambray-Denim Shirts tab at the top to see.
Happy shopping and happy weekend!

22 comments:

  1. I am feeling a little pinch from last years skinnies. Mine always get stuck on the calves...and thighs...and hips. Thankfully I can just pull up that muffin :) Always looking good in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you say they are skinny then on me they'd be leggings...oh well back to my lululemons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd seen the black skinnies previously. Stitching that matches the jeans is something I love. I loooove the jeweled buttondown. Looks good, TR! Hope work travels are going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was poking around the factory site today and saw the black skinnies back in all sizes with plenty inventory. Give them a try and let me know how you like them.

      Thanks for asking about work, it's OK. Hope it's going well for you too. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for letting me know about the black skinnies!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous fancy pants and tweed!
    Shame factory doesn't ship to Aus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea factory doesn't ship everywhere. Oh too bad!

      Delete
  5. I love all the beads, sparkles, and denim you've been wearing! Now you've made me want to give those Factory jeans a closer look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ABC! I find the factory jeans to fit me better, the retail ones tend to gap too much at the waistband.

      Delete
  6. I love the jeweled oxford and the skinny jean in black! All sold out in my size :(
    Wow, I need to go to the factory store check these goodies, hope I can still find some! :)
    You look great!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was suprised how quick the jeweled oxford sold but as I told Gigi, the skinny jeans in black are back in all sizes. I got everything online because the store is about an hour away. I hope you find something good!

      Delete
  7. i doddled too long and the jeweled oxford sold out. i'm glad you got it though - it looks fantastic on you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P! I almost waited but very happy I did not, snagging it quickly with a good promo.

      Delete
  8. Those jeans look great on you, TR! I may try them, since I cannot find jeans that don't slide down or "crotch" me. Lov the jeweled button down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, AB, droopy or crotching jeans are no good at all, LOL! Let me know how these are if you try them. :)

      Gigi - yep ... hee!

      Delete
  9. Love the Verona jacket with that blouse on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have such a great figure! Thank you for sharing with us the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, those jeans look amazing on you. I love how you turn them up like that, sassy with the classic. I have been looking for cute dotty trou and wonder how these sequins on the blouse wash, they look very Amalfi in summer, love!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me ... make my day! :)