Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Superfine !

First, apologies to those irritated by belt loops without a belt.
This was the morning of the first full day of my most recent business trip
and I had not yet finished dressing (the belt and jacket went on later).
I was at a conference where business attire meant
closed toe shoes and matching pieces to a suit.
One of two suits I purchased this year made its debut, along
with my favorite blouse of late and shoes put to the true test.
 
Since those horrible wool-eating moths got to one of my pant suits,
I had decided to give the superfine cotton a try.
Though cotton isn't top of mind for suit material, I went for it
thinking it might not be the first choice of those buggers.
 
I like the fabric. Very much.
It's weighty and has a nice hand and drape.
It's of 100% cotton and true to the words from the copywriter (from space),
there's a hint of stretch to it.
 
But! As can be expected from 100% cotton, it wrinkles.
Here's what the trousers looked like after
a very full day of conference activities.
I don't mind when natural material behaves like natural material.
Such as when I noticed quite a bit of wear on the leather soles
of these wonderful shoes. I'm certain 100% soft and delicious
leather is a big part of why they are tradeshow-tested comfortable. 
 
I will always prefer natural fibers to manmade.
So imagine my disappointment when I stalked and finally found
my size in another version of my beloved top
and learned the solid colored ones are of rayon, not silk.
 
With a pout, I deleted two of those from my cart.


19 comments:

  1. You look sleek as a whippet and so long legged !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks, Tabitha! I wonder if it's because of the longer length pants?

      Delete
  2. Tiffany Rose - we really were channelling each other last week, style-wise!

    I am with you on the disappointment about the other colours! WHen I saw they were poly I was so peeved!

    I think you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WMM - we really were! ;)
      I just assumed the other colors were silk too and I'm still peeved!
      Oh thanks and did I tell you navy is beautiful on you, brings out the richness of your coloring.

      Delete
  3. The blouse is adorabale and you look very put together. I am bummed that solid colors are rayon. Why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that blouse and the superfine suiting does make one feel polished. I don't understand the rayon, and the price is just $8 less than the silk. I'm so glad I read the ingredients before I checked out, saves me from returning.

      Delete
  4. Those shoes are awesome, and I think it's great you opted for a non-traditional non-all black suit. You do look long and lean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those shoes are the best! At one point I was practically running, hurrying to get something with no time to spare, and thinking I'm so glad I'm wearing these shoes. I like the light grey suit, it's nice in a sea of dark suits without being loud. Thanks for visiting, Lisa!

      Delete
  5. You're wearing polka dots so no one notices the belt loops darling !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The polka dots are the focal point but I was remembering reading on somebody's blog post about pet peeves and belt loops without a belt was somebody's. I have zillions of belts but rarely bother to wear them, I must confess.

      Delete
  6. The suit pants and top look great, I'll bet it was to notch with the jacket. I love the superfine cotton suiting and wear the Emmaleigh dress year-round but put the jackets, skirts and pants away in favor of wool once the cool weather hits, which around here is right about now! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say "top notch". It's late, I should go to bed.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, xoxo, I'm back home safe and sound. I haven't found a superfine cotton dress to work for me yet, the smallest is still too big and I'm afraid the petite might be too short but I'll give it a try next. I love the fabric and think it might be a better choice for my weather, though I travel back east often and that's where I tend to need the suiting. I've written some good ones late at night. Ha! I hope you got some rest. :)

      Delete
  7. The blouse is so adorable on you. And I agree with everyone else on how long and lean you look in those trousers. I also agree with A Well Styled Life that no one is looking at your belt loops with that gorgeous blouse:) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, biscuitsandnavy! I've been wearing a lot of capris as regular length pants for my height but may have to rethink what is most flattering. These are the regular length 1035 trousers. I had to have them shortened but otherwise, the fit is pretty good. ;)

      Delete
  8. Love the front of those trousers, so chic. Oops I almost never wear belts, too lazy, I love it both ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I like the idea of belts but hardly ever get around to actually using them. These trousers were a tiny bit too long so I used the belt to hold the pants up.

      Delete
  9. I've been known to remove belt loops!
    Rayon, indeed. Humph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a thought but so much work to remove the loops! I know ... well, that's two less blouses in my closet! Just as well.

      Delete

Talk to me ... make my day! :)